When it comes to HVAC systems, an air conditioner is more likely to break than a heater. There fewer parts in a heater than an air conditioner, and as a result, there are a lot fewer things that could potentially go wrong. When an AC system breaks in the dead of summer, it can be hard to feel comfortable in your own home. When that happens, you need to reach out for the best air conditioning installation Staten Island has. Many things can go wrong with an air conditioner. These include:
- Over usage during hotter months. When there is a heatwave, it is common to keep systems on throughout the day and night. When you do not give your system a chance to rest, it will quickly burn out. Try to run your system less by running it on a timer. Upgrade your system to an energy-efficient system that has an efficiency mode.
- A dirty air filter will block the flow of air. All AC units have air filters, and all air filters need to be cleaned and replaced. Once a filter is fully saturated with dirt and debris, it will be hard for the cool air to flow through the system. To work effectively, your system now must work that much harder, which causes systems to malfunction. If you keep a clean air filter, you will keep a functional system. Air conditioner repair on Staten Island can fix that problem.
- Dirty coils slow down performance. Like with dirty air filters, a dirty coil causes a system to overwork and overheat. When covered in dirt and grime, the coils are unable to release moisture. Regular cleaning and maintenance are the best preventative care.
Air Conditioning Installation Staten Island
- Do You Need Air Conditioner Installation on Staten Island?
During maintenance, you will get a full diagnosis of your system, you can determine if air conditioning installation or air condition repair Staten Island is in your best interest.
- Three Tips for Staying Cool this Summer
- The Most Common Air Conditioner Problems